The Municipality of Jordan through the efforts of Hon. Cresente P. Chavez, Jr., in cooperation with the Department of Information and Communications Technology – Western Visayas Regional Office, successfully conducted 4 days of Digital Literacy training for the FreeWIFI4All Project.
The training aims to provide the users with the necessary knowledge, the Capacity Building Component of the Free Wi-Fi for All Project and Digital Literacy for the (14) Barangay Secretaries and Municipal Employees.
Specifically, this training aims to:
- Provide information about the Department of Information and Communications Technology and free Wi-Fi for all Program
- Introduce the basic concepts of Internet Media and Information Literacy
- Introduce Basic computer troubleshooting
- Introduce the Basic ICT Equipment
- Introduce the basics of:
- Word Processing (Microsoft Word)
- Multimedia Presentations (Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Spreadsheets (Microsoft Excel)
With the advancement in technology, employees must adhere to the standards of the modern world for better implementation of regulations and policies